The bathroom is the perfect place to enjoy a special romantic evening and celebrate your love this
Valentine’s Day. As a place which allows you your own private time-out, it makes for an ideal opportunity to spoil yourself and the special person in your life.
Here are 10 essential tips to savour this Valentine’s Day with a romantic bathroom setting, brought to you by bathroom experts, Bella Bathrooms & Tiles:
- We all know that red roses epitomise romance. Why not use the rose petals in your bath, either by getting really creative by outlining a heart shape on top of your bubbles or else enjoying the beautiful colour and fragrance directly in your bath water. Rose petals can also be placed in a trail around the bath, allowing the scent to gently fill your senses.
- Lighting is a key ingredient to creating the perfect romantic ambience. Here you have a choice to either use dimmers to create a diffuse light effect or to have feature lighting such as a beautiful chandelier. Skylights also set the mood by simulating the experience of being under the stars.
- Bubble bath is where you get down to the serious business of creating your romantic setting.
- Fill up your bathtub to just under a third of the bath. Make sure the water is a nice, comfortable, warm temperature. Pour the bubble bath right where the water stream enters the bath water so that your bath becomes filled with bubbles.
- Your choice of bath also adds to the moment. For a romantic evening, it is ideal to have a bath that is large enough for two people. Spa baths can also be used to provide a romantic edge. Besides being a beautiful bathroom feature, you can enjoy their stress relieving therapy as you lie back and enjoy the benefits.
- When it comes to romance, there is nothing quite like candlelight. Set out your candles along a mirrored surface to double the soft candlelight effect.
- Top it all off with storage for your wine or champagne and glasses
- Purchase a headrest that fits the bath, giving you the opportunity to fully unwind.
- Create a playlist with your favourite relaxing music.
- Use a bath caddy that stretches across the bath to store decadent chocolates.
- Round it off with 100% cotton fluffy towels, delightfully warmed up on a heated towel rail before stepping into plush bathrobes to prolong the mood and feeling of well-being.
Follow these steps and you are bound to share a wonderful pampering experience, enjoying your time making memorable moments together this Valentine’s Day.